Monday, August 27, 2007

The finest jewels.



My eyes are brighter and more lovely than the finest jewels. They catch the swiftest movement of mouse in the grass or star in the sky. They shine like fire, like gold. At night they open wide to hold the smallest light so that I may see in the darkness.




Today I sit on the cliffs by the blue blue sea, and I watch the birds fly as they buzz in close. Stiff winged white fulmars come to see what I am. Closer and closer, and on the beach the seals sing. And I still wish for wings.

9 comments:

Daisy said...

I think you are right! Nothing, not even the finest of jewels, can match the beauty of a cats' eyes. But you say it a lot better than I do!

Nick Green said...

stupefied by blue
many human eyes look down
ginger cat looks up

LZ said...

That is so beautiful!! Cats eyes are the most attractive jewels of course.

Chase

Moonroot said...

Such beautiful photos! Such beautiful words!

Dorothy said...

I'm always impressed when I come to your site, by the beauty of your cats and their surroundings.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful eyes. There is nothing more beautiful than cat eyes. They hold within them the mysteries of the universe.

Dorothy said...

I had to come back and express my joy in your work, your paintings on you website. I live in a part of the world where I can only imagine such things. And I do. You are very good. I like your work. You've given me a small spark of incentive to return to my drawings. Thank you. D

Boy said...

You do have beautiful eyes.

Kitikata-san said...

Yes indeed, you have eyes that are more beautiful than jewels, and the cutest face also. Kiss kiss kitty!