Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Homer and the night.

It is the darkest of velvet nights tonight. All the light from the stars is shut away by a blanket of cloud. The air holds moisture and light from the houses casts strange shadows. Noise travels through the water, magnified. A dog bark across the fields sounds close. A fox hunts beneath the birdfeeders, caught in the light from the kitchen window. In Brecon, one of the ginger brethren has passed away. This is why the stars are veiled and the moon is hidden.
Tomorrow the sun will rise on a new day, and there will still be a space where he lived. But those who loved him will remember him and he will live on in their hearts.
Meanwhile, if you feel a need to weep, read the beautiful story crafted by the writer of The Bridges of Maddison County, of Road Cat.

5 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

What a poetic tribute to a dear ginger friend who has slipped to the other side. Such talent! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Libbys Blog said...

I really don't know what to say except, I'm so sorry! But this blog is a tribute to the friendship you had together. {{hugs}}

Rowan said...

I'm so sorry to read of the loss of one of the ginger brethren - I wish him/her safe journeying to the Summerlands.

Daisy said...

I am very sorry. And I went to read the story about Road Cat, and now my eyes are leaking. But I am glad that our friends will get to live on in our hearts.

Julie H said...

My heart breaks for you. I lost my ginger boy in May - oh how it hurts.
Hugs from Aust.