Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Leopard coat.



The sky cried all day and the birds flew to the bird feeder and gathered chattering in the thorn trees around the house. Bright sparrows, black sloes. Crows in the ash tree flapped like black flags in the gentle breeze.




Maurice prowled around the village, Elmo slept in the kitchen, Martha kept watch from Hannah's bed and Pixie found the leopard coat.
She painted quietly all day in her room.
At night the stars shone down again as the clouds cleared away for a pink cloud sunset in a dark blue sky.


4 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

The photograph of Pixie is breathtaking! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

Unknown said...

I like the picture of the bird trying to fly away! It was pretty neat.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I hope I could place this feeder, too. Then I could let Adan having more watching birdy pleasure~!
But the rules in our neighbor said, cann't.

So, I just could watch your photo and admiring~!! That is so so great~!

dragonladych said...

Oh! That Leopard coat photo is amazing! It would be a perfect illustration and a start to a story!
I hope you don't mind if I use it as a desktop for a while?